The Eskridge family has been committed to keeping Oklahomans safe and confident on the road for over 70 years. Ed Eskridge began his career in the automobile business working summers at Oklahoma Hudson on 1220 North Robinson. Ed fell for the automobile during those summer at Oklahoma Hudson and set a goal to one day have a dealership to call his own. He returned to Oklahoma City from college and began his journey through he automobile business and, in 1952, formed Eskridge-Wright Oldsmobile in the Capitol Hill shopping district of Oklahoma City. Eskridge-Wright Oldsmobile continued operation until 1960, when Ed partnered with his brother-in-law, Art King, to form Eskridge Oldsmobile. He and King successfully operated the dealership from this location until General Motors ended the brand in 2000.
Always on the lookout for new and exciting transportation products, Ed and his family represented a number of automotive brands throughout the 1970s and ’80s. By December 1987, the Eskridge brand was being considered by Toyota to operate a dealership for their new luxury vehicle brand, Lexus. One of the primiary requirements for operating the Lexus brand was daily dealer involvement in the business outstanding Customer Satisfaction Index scores. During the consideration process, Toyota saw the Eskridge family’s years of hard work and community involvement had led to various dealer organization recognition and knew their brand would be in the right hands. These factors, in addition to a solid customer-first philosophy, helped the Eskridge family to be selected in 1989 as the first Lexus dealership in the state of Oklahoma.